Credit Card Compliance: Important Issues
Thursday, April 27, 2017 (12:30 PM – 2:30 PM)
Credit card issuers and servicers must pay attention to a special set of rules under Regulation Z. The Credit CARD Act of 2009 added significant requirements to follow that exist nowhere else in Reg. Z. Are you aware of all the requirements when it comes to disclosures, timing requirements, and payments? This webinar will cover the in-depth credit rules in Reg. Z, as well as other requirements.
- Credit card solicitations and advertising
- Changes in terms and rate increases, including right to reject changes
- Payment processing - timing, amounts, and methods of payment
- Periodic statement timing
- Payment due date requirements, including crediting
- Late Payment and Repayment disclosures
- Marketing to college students
- Considering ability to pay, including for underage consumers
- Limitation on fees
- Over-limit fees and opt-in rules
Who Should Attend?
Compliance and Legal Staff, Marketing and Advertising Personnel, Back-Office Staff of credit card issuers, Institutions who utilize the services of a third-party card issuer, Management, and Trainers
Carl Pry is a Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM) and Certified Risk Professional (CRP) who is a Managing Director for Treliant Risk Advisors in Washington, DC. Through his working career, as well as through his experience as a banking attorney and officer, he has provided a variety of regulatory compliance and financial performance services to financial institutions and other clients throughout the country. He has written extensively regarding consumer and commercial compliance, tax, audit, and financial institution legal issues, and is a frequent contributor to and currently serves on the Editorial Advisory Board for the ABA Bank Compliance magazine. He has spoken at scores of banking, compliance, and state bar associations, and has conducted training sessions for financial institutions across the country.